Written by: Dennis Hofs
We have just released the first open-source version of SenSeeAct, our software platform that has driven many of our research projects and applications for more than ten years. During that time the platform has gone through several iterations, growing into a mature, flexible and secure backend with web portals and mobile apps.
The name SenSeeAct reflects the functionalities that the platform focuses on.
Sense: Collecting data through questionnaires, diaries, wearables, and smart home devices.
See: Presenting the data in user-friendly ways to both end users and health care professionals.
Act: Coaching users toward healthier behaviour with virtual agents, video exercises and gamification.
We now published the SenSeeAct backend as open-source software to help stimulate health technology innovation and collaboration. It facilitates the development of new applications by third parties, and enables organizations to take full control of their data ownership and access.
We are continuously improving the platform. Some of the new features that we anticipate in the near future are:
- Enhanced support to author your own questionnaires and use them in our mobile app with your own backend.
- Improved security with two-factor authentication.
- A web interface to download your data or the data of your research participants.
- A major update of our iOS app bringing it to the same level as the Android app.
- Extending our earlier announced collaboration with DialogueBranch toolkit by Fruit Tree Labs.
- More documentation and guides to help you get started with the open-source backend.
Read more about it at https://www.senseeact.com/?lng=nl
Tel: 088 087 5763