With the new Horizon program opening up, researchers, care organizations and businesses can look forward to a new series in projects for to realize cutting-edge innovations and to better healthcare and society at large. Roessingh Research and Development (RRD) has a strong history in European research and innovation projects (H2020, AAL, Eurostars; as participant, WP lead, or project lead) and is seeking opportunities for collaboration in new European research and innovation initiatives. RRD is an SME that interacts on the crossroads of science, healthcare and exploitation. With formal ties to the University of Twente and Roessingh, Center for Rehabilitation, RRD is the linking pin among researchers, care professionals, patients and businesses. Additionally, RRD is embedded within the European three-star reference site Twente.
With respect to new European project initiatives, RRD can make a difference on the following topics:
Big data and AI
- Multi-modal, real world health monitoring
- Unobtrusive wearable movement measurement: Development and implementation in real-life
- Big data in movement analysis: Pattern recognition, feature engineering and feature learning for analysis and machine learning
- Interpreting data for shared decision making (algorithm development)
- Presenting data for shared decision making and coaching (interface design)
- Tailoring patient treatment strategies
- Transparent and human-centered AI design
- Patients’ and professionals’ trust in eHealth, or in AI in particular
- Requirements engineering
- Service model design
- Value-sensitive design
- Human-centered design and all variants like user-centered design, action research, citizen science, and participatory design
- Usability and User Experience testing
- (innovative) evaluation of eHealth services (clinical effect)
- Rehabilitation and MDR compliance, including safety assessment
- Social Return On Investment (SROI)
- Technology acceptance
For these topics, we have expertise and a strong network in rehabilitation care, chronic disease management, preventive care, sports, ergonomics, and the ageing population.
Did we trigger your interest? Then we’d love to hear from you!